China on Friday confirmed three new deaths from the coronavirus over the past 24 hours, the lowest daily figure in the country since Jan. 21.
In a statement, the National Health Commission said that mainland China reported just three deaths, including two in Hubei province, and 39 new “imported confirmed cases” on Thursday.
The statement said there was no new domestic coronavirus case found for a second consecutive day on Thursday.
The health officials said that two of the three deaths were reported from Wuhan, where the infection was first reported last December.
According to Chinese officials, the total number of the cases in the country reached 80,967, while 3,248 have died so far.
China had imposed lockdown on Wuhan on Jan. 23 to stem the spread of the virus.
Meanwhile, Hong Kong witnessed the region’s biggest single-day jump of 48 new infections on Friday, according to daily South China Morning Post, bring the total confirmed cases to 256.
At least four people have died in the region, while 98 were cured.
In neighboring South Korea, 84 new cases were reported on Thursday bringing the total number to 8,652, Yonhap news reported.
According to health officials, at least 94 people have died of the coronavirus in South Korea and 60 others are in critical condition.
From coming Sunday, authorities said, all passengers coming from Europe will have to face a 14-day quarantine regardless of symptoms.
Japan has so far more than 900 confirmed cases of the coronavirus, while 33 people have died due to the infection.
Australia has reported 681 cases, with six fatalities.
The coronavirus emerged in Wuhan, China last December and has spread to at least 160 countries and territories. The World Health Organization has declared the outbreak a pandemic.
The number of confirmed cases worldwide now surpasses 246,000, while the death toll exceeds 10,000 and over 86,000 have recovered, according to data compiled by the U.S.-based Johns Hopkins University.