US decision to harm its own consumers, says Huawei

Huawei rues Trump’s executive order restricting operations of foreign-made technology in US

Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei has said that a ban on its business will only hurt the U.S. interests.

Quoting a statement issued by Huawei, China Daily –an English-language daily newspaper, said the Trump administration move will only force American consumers to buy inferior and a more expensive telecom equipment.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed an executive order declaring a national emergency over “threats against information and communications technology and services” in the U.S. Soon after, the US Commerce Department added to its entity list, restricting the company from buying parts and components from American companies without U.S. government approval.

Declaring that the ban amounted to invading its rights, the statement said the decision would leave the U.S. far behind in the 5G technology deployment.

“Blocking [Huawei] from doing business in the U.S. will not make the country [U.S.] more secure or stronger, instead, this will eventually harm the interests of U.S. companies and consumers,” the statement added.

Last January, the U.S. Justice Department had unsealed two indictments of alleged illegality by Huawei, including alleged theft of trade secrets.

Claiming to be “unparalleled leader in 5G”, Huawei said, “We are ready and willing to engage with the U.S. government and come up with effective measures to ensure product security.”

Coinciding this ban, the Chinese telecom giant claimed having released the world’s first artificial intelligence native (AI-Native) database, GaussDB, and the industry’s best-performing distributed storage, FusionStorage 8.0.

So far the database storage market was dominated by the U.S. firms such as Oracle and Microsoft.

https://www.globaldailynews.com/us/us-china-trade-talks-end-without-long-sought-deal/

You might also like